Monday, June 25, 2007

update on maggie, login screen

Today I spent most of the day trying to update the left side of the lab. I started with Lisa but it seems as though that computer is having separate internet problems that I will look at later. Also, I believe Marge is having disc issues, tomorrow maybe I'll dive in and swap the CD drive from marge with that of patti (the one next to burns) to see if it works. Anyhoo, today I successfully updated maggie and logged in with my name and I attempted to test it by running eclipse. I could access my workspace and run my programs and tkgate etc. worked great.

I've been wanting to research how exactly to change the login screen to the custom one with the simpson character pictures. I found this site to be very helpful as well as the help menu at the login screen selection window. By my investigation what I believe the boys of last summer did was download a custom login screen and simply put in their own background image and it works fine, though I have not been able yet to verify this.

Things to do:
-Update the computers to be on the network and everything
-Make the custom log in screens
-Fix the screen resolution!!
-MPI?